Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hong Kong, China

Hong Kong Day 1 (April 1)

Everett and his roommate, John and I (Cassie) boarded the ferry to mainland Hong Kong and explored the area. Later in the afternoon, I went to a park that was five minutes from the ship. The park was complete with a rose garden, jungle gym, pool, kung fu corner, and many other cool sites. At night, we went walking around the town again and watched the lightshow.

The ship arrived in Hong Kong on April 1 and was leaving late on April 2 to Shanghai, arriving there on April 5. Most students, us included, were making travel plans to see other parts of China including the Great Wall. We would leave the ship in Hong Kong, see the sites of China and then rejoin the ship in Shanghai.




Some people who stayed on the ship got their own adventure. Here is an expert from Patrick’s Blog who did stay behind.

The next two days were EXTREMELY uneventful while I was on the ship from Hong Kong to Shanghai. There were only about 100 of the normal 700 people on board, and so it really felt like I had the ship to myself. I used most of the time to catch up on sleep, watch movies on the TV (I must have watched the movie Ratatouille 7 times, Bridesmaids 4 times, and a documentary on China 3 times), and to also catch up on a little homework. The only perk of doing this transit is that the food that they served to us was REALLY good. For dinner, rather than the usual buffet service, they had full waiter service where we were served very nice 5-course meals. The food was REALLY good, which makes me sad since I know the same people are also cooking the usual food that we eat which is not as good. This was really enjoyable, but I was excited to go to Shanghai.

Hong Kong Day 2 (April 2)

We explored the town, looking for internet access, and walked around mainland Hong Kong some more. We ate at a Pizza Hut for lunch.

This was our travel day as we made our way to the Great Wall of China through Beijing. I am so excited that I am going to see this ancient wonder. In the evening, we followed our friend who is from Hong Kong to Shenzhen where we took our flight from Hong Kong to Beijing (he was also on the same flight). We got in really late at night and had to eat at McDonalds. We crashed at our friends Hostel for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment