Sunday, January 22, 2012

JANUARY 19-NASSAU-BOARDING DAY

We boarded the ship today! It was a long day of talking to different people that you had already met, just met. It is very hard to keep track of people because there are no cell phones and it is a huge ship. Luckily, there is a service to call room to room.



Everett and I are on 3rd Deck starboard (starting to figure out ship lingo) but he is at the back and I am at the front (didn’t get that far with it).






My roommate’s name is Katie she is from Colorado and really nice! I'm glad she doesn’t mind me being messy.



There were no planned activities but everyone would just walk up to other people and start talking. Our ship was delayed a day to wait for people with passport issues. At the end of the day we met the staff and the captain. The ship is fantastic and it is absolutely surreal to actually be on it. I feel a sense of longing to be home in the comfortable and familiar but this new setting and new people will be such a great chance for me to grow up and change to be able to handle more situations. I have a desire to stick with one group but it is important to try and meet as many different people here as possible.

There are a few people from international places. I also am close with a girl that did an internship in Disney and was Mickey and Minnie.  This voyage will be adjusting a lot about the way I think and the way I live. We only get meals during the hour they are served which requires getting up early to catch breakfast.
My goal for this trip is to open up more, and make fewer assumptions of people. I want to push myself to be friends with many different people even if they are not the people at first I thought I would like. I want to push myself to get out of my comfort zone and talk to the international students to hear about their experiences. The stress of these situations will be tough but overall more enlightening and add substantially more to my experience.  I can sometimes be judgmental- but this trip isn’t for judging. It’s time to learn about people. I want to be open to making friends throughout the voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment