Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SUNDAY JANUARY 22 -SECOND DAY OF CLASSES

So today is the end of the second day of classes, I had a pretty full day. After my global studies course that gives background information on all the places we have visited, Everett and I got haircuts. The salon women were from South Africa and have been on many different cruises cutting hair. She gave me a lot of tips about keeping my hair from frizzing and such. After that I spent my time doing some homework on the top deck while getting a tan. The Caribbean waters are such a beautiful color of blue and we know we saw birds diving into the water to fish. The birds are a sign we are close to land. We also passed Puerto Rico!! In addition, I auditioned for the Global Ambassadors program for a chance to meet international dignitaries.
I just wanted to take a moment to mention all the different people that we have gotten a chance to talk to on the ship.  Basically everyone is friendly and conversations can be struck at any moment. I have had meals with a different group of people every time and that is probably my favorite part of this voyage at this point. In addition, because the professors live on the ship there are no office hours; you just have to find them during meals or free time. I have met many people that have spent months in Africa working at orphanages, a girl who has been in a wheel chair for 4 years because of a stroke, a girl who was Mickey and Minnie characters in Disney and somebody who wants to go to marines and be non combat and use sign language to communicate.
We are heading to Dominica tomorrow; Everett will type up some of the information about Dominica and its culture soon hopefully. We have had 2 pre port meetings to go over the culture of Dominica and other important tips to keep in mind while traveling there.

No comments:

Post a Comment